- Searchable, animation-illustrated introduction to polymers–and plastics
- Syllabus-organized text on CD-ROM contains animated graphics of polymer structures, plastics compounds, and processing techniques
- Lively instructional format for fundamental phases of polymer engineering and science
- Readily adaptable for online, distance-learning, and professional training courses in universities and business
- Available with printed workbook containing solved problems and homework assignments
Painter and Coleman on Polymers is a 2-CD-ROM set with supplemental Workbook that gives students and professionals the best features of a comprehensive introduction to polymers, along with animated movies, hundreds of interactive illustrations, and a fully interlinked glossary of polymer terms, equations, and formulas.
In two information-packed CD-ROMs and a bound workbook, Mike Coleman and Paul Painter present an elegant and entertaining interactive introduction to the science, chemistry, and terminology of polymers, together with their concrete applications in plastics technology.
Written in an accessible manner, the first CD, Polymer Science and Engineering, contains the essentials of a basic introduction to polymer science and chemistry–plus the attractive learning advantages of an electronic format, which allows the reader to actually see how polymers are formed, how formulas relate to structure, and how terms and definitions are related. Published together with an optional workbook containing hundreds of solved problems, Polymer Science and Engineering constitutes a dynamic, progressive polymer science course for students and instructors from a range of engineering and chemistry disciplines.
For the same low price a second CD, The Incredible World of Polymers, provides a complete chronology of major milestones and discoveries in polymer science. The CD explains polymers through technical problems and the pioneering scientists who laid the foundation of plastics technology. Using many clever illustrations and examples, this document offers a thorough grounding in polymer properties–from cellophane to hydrogels.
The Contents for both CD-ROM’s, listed below, show the extent of this powerful and informative introduction.