In a world of competing information sources, DEStech Publications recognizes that intelligent and long-term marketing is critical for making its books and authors stand out. It relies on its own experienced in-house marketing team augmented by a consulting firm focused on E-commerce to execute the following key advertising functions: 1) contact every individual in a book’s intended and potential audience and those who supply that audience; 2) make these individuals aware of each DEStech book and product; and 3) present persuasive reasons and instructions for acquiring titles published by DEStech.
The foregoing functions are carried out for each DEStech book and proceedings volume through a series of ongoing and repeated activities, including:
- Researching DEStech’s own and other databases to identify individuals and specialized groups who need to be contacted about specific products we publish
- Creating publicity for books through news releases
- Securing reviews in reputable scientific journals
- Notifying international distributors and resellers who advertise and sell DEStech titles
- Developing and executing frequent direct-mail campaigns to potential customers using specialty catalogues, fliers and postcards
- Alerting professionals and experts through regular Email
- Using social media such as LinkedIn and other platforms to draw attention to new books
- Applying SEO and link sharing strategies to direct online searchers to DEStech books and authors, including searchable text on Google book search
- Displaying books and journals at selected technical conferences and book fairs
- Promoting sale of books to university and academic libraries and corporations directly
For more information about how DEStech Publications advertises its books and other products and services, please contact marketing director, Michael Hauck.