In a world of competing information sources, DEStech Publications recognizes that intelligent and long-term marketing is critical for making its books and authors stand out. It relies on its own experienced in-house marketing team augmented by a consulting firm focused on E-commerce to execute the following key advertising functions: 1) contact every individual in a book’s intended and potential audience and those who supply that audience; 2) make these individuals aware of each DEStech book and product; and 3) present persuasive reasons and instructions for acquiring titles published by DEStech.
The foregoing functions are carried out for each DEStech book and proceedings volume through a series of ongoing and repeated activities, including:
- Researching DEStech’s own and other databases to identify individuals and specialized groups who need to be contacted about specific products we publish
- Creating publicity for books through news releases
- Securing reviews in reputable scientific journals
- Notifying international distributors and resellers who advertise and sell DEStech titles
- Developing and executing frequent direct-mail campaigns to potential customers using specialty catalogues, fliers and postcards
- Alerting professionals and experts through regular Email
- Using social media such as LinkedIn and other platforms to draw attention to new books
- Applying SEO and link sharing strategies to direct online searchers to DEStech books and authors, including searchable text on Google book search
- Displaying books and journals at selected technical conferences and book fairs
- Promoting sale of books to university and academic libraries and corporations directly
For more information about how DEStech Publications advertises its books and other products and services, please Contact Us.