- Describes strategies to address the role change from clinician to instructor
- Explains a logical way to develop the knowledge, skills, and competencies needed for an academic position
- Includes practical and creative teaching tools
- Provides tools and guidance for developing an online course
- Presents a “how-to” approach to writing a syllabus, designing and writing test questions, and evaluating student work
- Includes a chapter devoted to interprofessionalism and the positive influence of collegiality on teaching research and service
This concise guide is designed for novice faculty and nursing education students who are teaching or will be teaching in higher education. The text provides the skills necessary to teach courses for classroom and online courses. Information is provided in a practical and accessible way and includes best practices for setting up a syllabus and curriculum, test item writing, grading, mentoring students, and personal advancement as a faculty member. Exercises, rubrics, and self-test items are furnished to give readers hands-on practice in defining and carrying out an effective instructional agenda.