- Over 140 original reports on key composite materials research; referenced and illustrated in color
- Critical information on modeling the behavior and the advanced manufacturing of composite materials
- Coverage of machine learning methods for composites, ICME in composite materials, impact dynamic response, composites in extreme environments, and nanoscale and nanostructured composites
- Analysis and predictions for progressive damage and failure, and extreme temperatures
- Applications for aircraft and wind turbine blades
- Includes a special section on Composite Airframe Life Extension (CALE)
This edited collection provides the latest reports from researchers at universities, government agencies and private companies around the theme Digital Design and Additive Manufacturing. The collection comprises new investigations of composite materials including coverage of nanostructured composites, machine learning, bio-based composites, and multifunctional and smart composites.
Key words: ICME, machine learning, carbon nanotube, additive manufacturing, stochastic modeling, CALE