- Over 240 original reports on key composite materials research; referenced and illustrated in color
- Critical information on modeling the behavior and manufacturing of composite materials
- Analyzing and predicting how processing influences composite products and defects
- Computational methods for different simulations, as well as data from empirical tests
- How virtual testing and protocols linked to large databases aid design
- Covers adhesion, sensors, aircraft, armor, piezoelectrics, automotive materials, nanomembranes and more
This edited collection reports from researchers at universities, government agencies (NASA, Oak Ridge National Lab), and private companies (Boeing, Volkswagen) on the modeling, properties, and analysis of composites. The document focuses on emerging manufacturing processes and discusses how they are modeled using a variety of computational methods. Such information is deployed to predict the effects of techniques like additive manufacturing (AM), AFM, C-RTM, VARTM, liquid molding, injection over-molding, pre-pregging and many others on composites’ qualities, especially those related to stresses and defects. Computational tools are provided for simulating the behavior of composites at different scales. In addition, original empirical and “virtual” test methods are presented, as well as validation protocols utilizing big data. Information in these papers is valuable for predicting the behavior of numerous types of composites under various conditions.
Key words: auxetic behavior, micromechanics, carbon nanotube, self-sensing, 3D textile, 3D reconstruction, helicopter, triaxially braided, machining, graphene nanoplatelet, concrete, kissing bonds, hogging moments, meso-scale models, CFRP plates.
*** The CD-ROM displays figures and illustrations in articles in full color along with a title screen and main menu screen. Each user can link to all papers from the Table of Contents and Author Index and also link to papers and front matter by using the global bookmarks which allow navigation of the entire CD-ROM from every article. Search features on the CD-ROM can be by full text including all key words, article title, author name, and session title. The CD-ROM has Autorun feature for Windows 2000 or higher products and can also be used with Macintosh computers. The CD includes the program for Adobe Acrobat Reader with Search 11.0. One year of technical support is included with your purchase of this product. ***