- Describes emotional competence in the context of healthcare relationships among peers, subordinates, and patients
- Clearly addresses the Joint Commission’s Sentinel Event Alert warning against unprofessional behaviors which undermine facility safety, the practice of health care, patient satisfaction, and patient outcomes
- Provides a variety of tools for nurses and other healthcare providers to understand and manage conflicts
- Suitable for all nurses, novice, veteran and advanced practice, who must provide exemplary care in a fast-paced and sometimes chaotic environment
- Includes toolboxes, reflection prompts, worksheets, and exercises for self-evaluation and classroom activities
Suitable for all nursing levels, this book provides a guide to achieving a healthy working relationship with patients, patient families, doctors, supervisors, and administrators. The concepts are supported by numerous case scenarios, reflection questions, tools, and exercises to provide a robust guide to optimizing a productive and successful clinical career.