- Presents concepts of nurse leadership in the social context of health delivery and academic organizations
- Addresses the how-to of guiding a growing and changing organization through effective leadership
- Includes chapters on financial resources and human capital.
- Realistic clinical and academic vignettes are provided to orient the reader and provide a real-life example for applying concepts.
- Critical thinking questions are included to help apply concepts and prompt classroom discussion
- Designed for both novice and expert nurse leaders
- Includes essays by each author highlighting challenges and joys of their leadership experiences.
This book is designed for nurses who want to lead more effectively in healthcare and academic organizations. Unlike many leadership texts this textbook focuses on the relationship between the nurse leader and the organization. Nurses are guided toward leadership that is effective, credible, inclusive, just and organizationally-minded. This book is appropriate for nurse leadership courses and for nurses who currently are leaders or who see leadership in their future.