- Instructional DVD Covering 175 Key Basic Techniques
- Exercises for Protecting Players’ Arms and Future Health
- Details That Will Make You A Better Coach and Player
- Special features include: simple games with kid-friendly names, playing catch correctly, and safety pointers for pitchers.
- For Students of the Game, Ages 8 to 80!
This new 181-page book and 99-minute DVD combination does what others don’t: breaks down baseball skills into basic steps, presented in jargon-free text and over one hundred and fifty instructive video segments. This breakthrough, learning package is titled Baseball’s Forgotten Basics: A Field Manual and Instructional DVD.
It assumes nothing and shows the “basics of the basics”: how to grip the ball, hold a bat, position the feet–—all the little things that many coaches, parents, and players have forgotten (or overlook)–—but which form the keys to all baseball techniques and skills. This book and DVD explains in words and highly instructive video segments such things as:
- The four-seam grip
- Hand pressures on the bat
- Footwork at the plate and on the mound
- Exercises for younger arms
- Throwing from all positions
- Arm slots that work
- Where the batters’ eyes should be
- Mechanical flaws in pitchers and hitters
- Safety pointers for injury prevention
Written by a professional baseball instructor and educator, the book/DVD combination puts on your bookshelf and home television the little things that are overlooked in other volumes but add up to solid baseball technique. Designed to give younger players of all skill levels solid fundamentals, with safety and fun in mind, these basics of baseball form a foundation that will make any player better.
See what these well-known baseball people are saying about Baseball’s Forgotten Basics:
This baseball book gives you what others do not–—a detailed, yet easy to understand presentation of the basics that are the foundation of throwing, hitting, fielding, and base running.