- Technical information for using activated sludge to treat effluents from multiple industries
- Covers virtually all traditional and advanced methods, as well as treatability and process modeling
- New methods for removing U.S. and European regulated microconstituents, trace organics, active pharmaceutical ingredients and other contaminants
- Explains advances in water reuse and plant retrofitting
- Useful for in-house training
This comprehensive book presents critical information on the applications of activated sludge for treating industrial wastewaters, as well as other effluents that impact POTWs. The book offers details on how advances in activated sludge can be deployed to meet more stringent discharge limits by explaining many novel variations of activated sludge and offering technical guidance on process modeling and optimization. Special attention is given to emerging contaminants and water reuse strategies. Case studies are drawn from the pharma, food and shale gas industries. Based on short courses taught by the authors, as well as hundreds of hours of in-plant consulting, this book offers the tools to understand and modify the activated sludge process for superior and sustainable wastewater treatment.