- 244 original and extensively reviewed papers on all phases of SHM
- A unique resource for civil, transportation, aeronautics and military applications
- New material on bio-inspired sensor networks, novel sensing technologies, ground and air vehicle applications, energy harvesting, wind energy, novel repair techniques
- Covers modeling, testing, self diagnosis and calibration issues
- Sponsored by the National Science Foundation, Office of Naval Research, U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research, and the Army Research Office
These two volumes present the full printed text, with searchable CD-ROM offer 244 original presentations containing research and solutions to how increasingly sophisticated sensors and sensor arrays can be built into materials and structures and networked to provide reliable ongoing data. Based on the 6th International Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring, held in September 2007, this book presents models, plans, and examples useful for standardizing and implementing SHM devices. The technology found only in this book and not published elsewhere is critical for the safety monitoring of civil structures, as well as ships and aircraft, incorporating many types of engineered materials such as composites and newly designed smart materials. Special sessions cover emerging applications in areas such as energy harvesting.
The CD-ROM displays figures and illustrations in articles in full color along with a title screen and main menu screen. Each user can link to all papers from the Table of Contents and Author Index and also link to papers and front matter by using the global bookmarks which allow navigation of the entire CD-ROM from every article. Each paper has internal links from figure and table references to view the actual figures and tables and links to all e-mail addresses and URLs mentioned in any paper. Search features on the CD-ROM can be by full text including all key words, article title, author name, and session title. The CD-ROM has Autorun feature for Windows 2000 or higher products along with the program for Adobe Acrobat Reader with Search 5.0. One year of technical support is included with your purchase of this product.