- Practical applications of composites in civil engineering and military applications
- Materials, design, manufacturing, usage trends, case histories
- Featured topics include: State DOT Success Stories; Repair with Composites Materials; Pentagon Rebuild; Light-Duty Bridge Applications; Resin and Reinforcement Development; Advanced Manufacturing of Composites
Polymer Composites Conference series is unique in its focus on practical, current applications of polymer composites in transportation infrastructure and military research. Polymer Composites III brings together government, industry and educational leaders to demonstrate the successful application of composites by validating their cost-effectiveness, design, construction, and performance. The conference facilities the exchange of information and identifies the most relevant materials and manufacturing processes.
In the 18 technical papers here, researchers, designers, manufacturers, contractors, federal and state agencies, and end-users involved with polymer composites address:
- the role that composites play in infrastructure renewal and homeland security
- the magnitude of economic development
- technical and regulatory barriers
- identifying agencies that can enable the expansion of composites use
- recognizing and promoting viable US Department of Defense applications and future trends
- recent advances in manufacturing processes and materials development.