- New strategies and hardware for guided processing & manufacturing of new materials
- Numerical analyses, modeling, software, sensors, robotics, forming technologies
- Manufacturing, energy, environment, instrumentation, metrology
- Materials science, nanoscale structures and materials
- 88 original refereed papers from researchers around the world
This new book offers important research for software and hardware developed to produce and process materials using higher-level automatic and intelligent systems. Application areas cover manufacturing, nanomaterials, environmental technologies, energy systems, and instrumentation.
The book presents new ideas for materials manufacturing applications of: fuzzy logic, neural networks, genetic algorithms, finite element and finite difference modeling, thermodynamic modeling, first-principles modeling, and data-correlation techniques such as Linear Regression and Principal Component Analysis. It also provides information on hardware, including industrial automation, robotics, optical and hyperspectral sensors, as well as conventional and new processes to solidify, form or machine metals and materials.
Selected chapter headings: Neural Networks; Process Control and Optimization; Environmental Systems; Intelligent Applications for Energy Systems; Materials Science; Intelligent Processing; Nanoscale Materials.