- Covers healthcare finance from both a macro- and micro-economic perspective
- Includes case studies for each of 8 sections
- Covers NP practice financial management
- New edition includes content on the consumer as a healthcare payer
- Comprehensive instructor’s manual available to faculty including presentation slides, chapter guides, and grading rubrics
This textbook is designed for students preparing as advanced practice clinicians, including APRNs, DNPs, DPTs, DOTs, and physician assistants. The book covers both health policy issues and practice financial management issues and is organized into two main parts. The first focuses on macro issues in healthcare finance. The second concentrates on healthcare financing management and new to the second edition, includes coverage of the role of the consumer as a payer and as a participant in ambulatory care. Case studies included with each section have been updated in the new edition. This book is suitable for healthcare finance courses in the curriculum for MSN and DNP programs and also for schools of social work, medicine, occupational, and physical therapy.