- Provides a series of essays on key topics on fatigue in machine design
- Includes concise explanations of important topics and contributions including those by August Wöhler, J. Goodman and R.R. Moore
- Written in a candid, accessible and reader-friendly style
- Level is ideal for mechanical engineering students and professionals working in machine design and fatigue
- Original illustrations including fatigue specimen photomicrographs support the text
This book provides a unique mechanical metallurgy perspective in presenting classical fatigue testing theories with a highly practical approach. Coverage includes Wöhler’s fatigue tests, fatigue crack initiation, fatigue effects in machine design, generalized fatigue models, fatigue factor of safety, and fatigue of bolted joints.