- Provides the skills and knowledge necessary for nurses in PhD, DNP and MSN programs, and nursing professionals to convey written content persuasively
- Focuses on immediately improving writing skills and provides strategies to overcome writer’s block
- Refreshes knowledge of basic writing mechanics and engages readers through practice exercises
- Includes practical and easy-to-follow tools for presenting complex content with clarity and technical accuracy
- Includes many writing examples to illustrate key points
- Covers major genres of the field including graduate-level class assignments, the DNP project, PhD dissertations, and Master’s Capstone projects
- Addresses the grammar issues that most frequently derail written narratives
- Promotes effective written communication as engaged nursing professionals regardless of venue
- Bolsters confidence in writing course assignments and in developing professional publications
This concise and approachable guide provides the skills and knowledge necessary for nurses enrolled in PhD, DNP and MSN programs, as well as for nursing professionals, to convey written content with clarity and technical proficiency. Readers receive guidance and support to develop and complete high-quality written course assignments, major course papers, DNP projects, PhD dissertations, and Masters’ Capstone projects. Chapter content addresses core writing content as well as specific tools for mastering grammar and enhancing writing skills quickly. The guide is ideal for all nurses enrolled in graduate nursing programs and working on course assignments, projects, and presentations. Likewise, nurse leaders and all nursing professionals will benefit from this easy-to-use handbook designed to refresh writing skills and elevate writing proficiency.
From the Preface
We wrote this handbook for nurses who are considering or are enrolled in graduate degree programs, as well as those interested in successfully publishing or developing effective narratives for communication in professional environments. This book – a collaborative professional endeavor – is unique because it is customized for nursing graduate students and professionals. The content will help nurse writers create clear, concise, and accurate manuscripts and articles that meet exacting professional standards. More importantly, this handbook will enable writers to develop written manuscripts that readers enjoy reading!