• Expanded and enhanced textbook for instructors and students
• Now with interactive exercises, videos, online tutorials and more
• Designed for civil, mechanical, aerospace, and mining engineering students
• Closely matches the syllabus of standard one-semester basic course on MOM
• Comprehensive instructors’ materials provided
Used for over ten years as an accessible engineering text for classroom and online courses, the third edition of the Essentials of Mechanics of Materials has been enlarged and enhanced in both its print and digital formats to improve learning outcomes. Following the structure of the standard mechanics of materials syllabus, the book adds new online exercises, videos and problems to assist engineering students, especially those in civil, mechanical, aerospace, and mining engineering, to grasp the fundamental quantitative concepts of stresses, strains, deformation, stress transformation, etc. This is accomplished by presenting the ideas in modules, whereby students can master the fundamentals via small, detailed steps. Each module is designed to connect with others, as well as to class lectures, and all are accompanied by excellent illustrations, many with topic-specific tutorials. The book is accompanied by extensive worked problem sets, slides, and homework assignments, which are available to qualified instructors.